Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Little taukey

While enjoyed my lunch at After 3, noticed a group of primary school's students also took their lunch at the same restaurant.

The restaurant could be categorised as above average standard, and the prices of foods and drinks served were quite high.

To have a simple lunch there, it might cost about RM10-15 per person.

Of course, it was still affordable for working class.

But for me, the price of the lunch was too "expensive" for a little student who didn't even know how to earn for their living.

During my time in primary school, 50 cents was the most I could get for my daily pocket money.

Hence, to have more money, I worked as part-timer during school holidays. From there, I learned the value of money earned.

Today, parenting culture has changed dramatically. Parents tend to give their boys and girls "excessive" pocket money without knowing its negative impacts to kid's perception on money matters.

So my simple conclusion was, there was no recession in Kuching since so many little school kids could enjoy their "expensive" lunch and behaved like a taukey's son or daughter.

For sure, this phenomena was unhealthy to our society.


No comments: